Our goal is to make your USMD visit a comfortable and pleasant experience. Our outpatient diagnostic testing departments use the latest and most efficient equipment, the outpatient day surgery unit is fully equipped to provide exemplary service, and our inpatient unit offers large private suites with the look and feel of a fine hotel.
We’ll work to find you the most convenient appointment time possible, and collect your personal and insurance information when you make your appointment, to speed your check-in on the day of service. Your appointment for services can be scheduled with us in two different ways:
- Your doctor may give you a written order for an outpatient test or procedure and request that you contact the Central Scheduling Department at 817-472-3550.
- Your provider may schedule your test or procedure for you. After your insurance is verified and your financial responsibility determined, the Central Scheduling Department will contact you to set your appointment time, verify your information and discuss your financial responsibility. If you have questions prior to their contacting you, please call the USMD Central Scheduling Department at 817-472-3550.
If your doctor has scheduled you for a surgical procedure, the Central Scheduling office will contact you to make an additional appointment for your preadmission testing 3 to 10 days before your scheduled surgery. Preadmission testing is a review by a nurse of your medical history and laboratory, chest X-ray and EKG as ordered by your physician.
If you are unable to keep your appointment for your preadmission test or surgery, please call 817-472-3550 to cancel or make further arrangements. Please notify your physician of the cancellation.
After your insurance has been verified and benefits have been obtained for your hospital procedure, the Central Scheduling staff will explain your estimated financial responsibility and payment options. Payment can be made over the phone in advance, or when you arrive for testing. USMD accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, checks and cash as forms of payment. You will be billed separately for any emergency room physician fees, or if any affiliate providers are consulted to administer anesthesia, or to interpret laboratory tests or radiology exams.
On your appointment date
Check in with the receptionist at the main entrance Registration Desk; it opens at 5:30am Monday through Friday. If you have not completed the registration process (signatures for consents) and met all of your financial requirements, you will be directed to Registration. If you have already completed your surgical preadmission testing, you will receive your wristband and paperwork before going to the Surgical Waiting Area.
- Do not eat or drink anything after the time you are told.
- A family member or friend must accompany you to and from the hospital.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to change into after surgery.
- Contact lenses may not be worn during surgery.
Checklist for Day of Surgery
DOCUMENTATION – Please bring the day of surgery
- Driver’s license
- Insurance card
- Payment (if applicable)
- List of allergies and medications
- Any special information from the surgeon (e.g., X-rays, consents, orders)
- Copy of advance directives (if applicable). (e.g., a living will or durable power of attorney)
- Legal guardianship papers (if applicable). A parent/guardian must be available to sign all hospital
required documents. If we can not verify legal guardianship the procedure will be rescheduled, pendingappropriate documents being provided.
- Do not wear make-up, hair products, body lotion or perfume to hospital
- Shower the morning of surgery (Do not shave the surgical site but use hibiclens® if directed)
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home (including wedding bands and body piercing jewelry)
- Current medications in original bottles (labeled with prescribed dosage)
- Any personal assistive devices (e.g., CPAP, walker, oxygen, inhalers, etc.)
- Contact lens/glasses cases (if applicable)
- Change of clothes, extra diapers, or pull-ups
- Comfort items (e.g., blanket, doll, etc.)
- Wear loose comfortable clothes. If surgery will require a large dressing or brace/cast, please wear clothing that will be easy to get on. (The patient may wear his/her own pajamas to the facility, if desired).
- An 18-year or older licensed driver available to drive the patient home. (This will be verified prior to the start of the procedure. If a legal aged driver is not available the procedure will be rescheduled)
- An overnight bag with toiletries (If an overnight stay is required).
Discharge and Aftercare
- If you are having outpatient surgery, you will be discharged after a brief stay in the recovery room.
- YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU HOME.
- At discharge, you will receive follow-up care instructions.
- If the services of an anesthesiologist, radiologist and/or pathologist are required, those providers will bill you separately.
- Closely follow the physician's instructions for post-surgery care.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for 24 hours after discharge.
- If you have questions after surgery, call your personal physician.
Helpful Phone Numbers
Central Scheduling Department
- Phone: 817-472-3550
- Fax: 817-472-3555
- Ameripath Pathology 866-608-8794
- Radiology Associates 817-321-0320
- Pinnacle Anesthesia 817-469-9443
- North Texas Children's Anesthesia 972-867-3627
- Arlington Emergency Medical Associates 888-447-2450